Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Internet was down in our house last night! OMG!


Well, it turns out the hubbie is more addicted to the internet than I.
.
Because of a quirk of work, Eddie and I have had "always on, high-speed internet" since 1998. I was working for Epoch and was testing DSL when it first came out.
.
So we have gotten very used to having constant internet. It has been almost 13 years now that we have had it.
.
It was out last night.
.
Apparently someone knocked out Ethernet Cable out in the Condo Box Head yesterday - so we couldn't fix it from inside our apartment.
.
Ed was not happy Verizon was not sending out someone RIGHT THAT MINUTE. It was an emergency! So we were in the technological Dark Ages having to watch some DVD we had from Netflix (not even something STREAMING!!!!) .
.
Even laying in bed at midnight, Ed was still complaining that something had to be done about this. Waiting until the next day at 1PM was crazy. Crazy! What if he couldn't have stayed home? What if it was down until the Week-end?
.
The mind reels!
.
I joke, I was nearly as upset as Eddie, but I was surprised by his reaction.