Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Whoops: I Misunderstood Just Like Michelle Bachman


Okay, Michelle Bachman is a ditz, but I was under the same impression she was when it came to unemployment insurance.
.
Which means (of course!) I don't think she should be blamed for an honest mistake. (smiley face)
.
What she said is what I thought... "As part of the compromise, the President wants to extend unemployment benefits for another 13 months," Bachmann said. "Unemployment benefits are already at a historical length of 99 weeks, and the President's request would push benefits to three years."
.
That is what I thought. Turns out that is wrong. What is does is extend the 99 week time period to users who lost their jobs, and continue this program through the next 13 months. So you will still get no more than 99 weeks - but the program won't expired next year. This makes sense because we are still in recession.