Wednesday, December 01, 2010

World AIDS Day

It is World AIDS day.
.
Why do I remember this - you ask. Because I have buried friends and loved ones. I had to scrape to find the right picture of my partner to send to Entertainment Weekly and to give to friends for a quilt.
.
AIDS kills people.
.
Still.
.

This is the Pope. He came lately to the party - but I applaud him for okaying the use of condoms to prevent the spread of AIDS. It is the first step to morality.
.
Good for him.
.
Thank you.
.

These are orphans in the Congo. There parents are dead.
.
AIDS.
.

This is a makeshift graveyard in Durban. They have a hard time keeping pace with the dying.
.
AIDS

It is a simple message. If you want to live to have lots of sex - use a condom if you aren't in a committed - monogamous - tested relationship.
.
Don't die for fun.