Thursday, February 03, 2011

So the news here just had a story about...

So the CBS news here (local) just had a story about women get glammed up before going into labor.
.
First I was appalled, but then I thought - okay they might be on camera. 
.
Then I heard.  I did understand about looking better. I did not understand getting toe-nails and finger-nails painted with pictures of baby rattles, etc.
.
Then I heard about "special waxing" for the camera and I thought.  Well, yuck.  Do you want to be the poor lady that has to administer THAT Brazilian Wax?  I mean at 9 months many women are over being pregnant and not so pleasant (I've heard - anyone I know was totally charming).  Imagine dragging your ass into a Waxing Salon.  You gotta wax, then hold the mirror so they can judge, then listen to them talk about the upcoming pulling of the watermelon through your nose analogy.