Friday, March 04, 2011

I wish that my Boss could just raise a flag on those days...

There are some days the Boss is leaving at the end of the day for a week.  So he asks "questions", not for the purpose of getting an answer but because he just wants to you robotically do what he wants.  And he wants you to do it NOW.
.
I don't mind - but I would like them to hoist a flag when they completely change the way they want you to operate.  Or say... "no, I don't want to discuss this, my question was meant only for you to do what I say."
.
Then don't ask a question.  It hurts my brain to try to pick the only answer you will accept.  Everyone répétez après moi ; When you try to teach a pig to sing - it frustrates you and annoys the pig.  In this case, I am the pig.
.
If you only want one answer, tell me that.  You hired me (and rewarded me) for thinking.  When you need me to stop that, even if only for the day, you need to give me the heads up.