Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Mascot of the Month: Robert Downey Jr.

Here is the poop-ski, I admire Robert Downey Jr.  I am not idolizing drug use by naming him - anymore that I would be idolizing drug use by naming Rush Limbaugh.  In fact, I admire both of them on the level they could get through their addiction and become productive, intelligent and interesting people again.

Robert is also a great actor.  I pretty much have loved him in everything I have seen him in.  Of course, Sherlock is only the latest (that terrible Road Trip movie was only okay because of RDJ).  He sold me on Chaplin and is probably the only actor that could have pulled off Two Girls and a Guy.  I didn't see Iron Man 2 - I didn't see the point, but whatever.
.
And if you search YouTube for Robert Downey Jr. Golden Globes 2011 - you will see he is quick and funny when taking the piss out of Ricky Gervais.  In fact, he is the only one that shot back on the show and gave just as good as he got.
.
Anyway, today (this month), I need a snarky but nice, smart mascot.  Even if he is younger, richer and more handsome than me.  (That isn't a desperate need for validation in the month of my birth - he is all those things, but I am happily married with wonderful friends and I look great for 51 / 52 - he should be so lucky at my age).
.
Plus Eddie and I saw him at the Mayfair with his kid and bodyguard a few years ago, and the guy is totally not an ego trip freak.  He was just loving the time with his son (Indio), carry him on his shoulders and laughing as they bought breakfast cereal.  It was cool to see him as just a regular guy on Franklin.