Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Rest Easy Jane

So Jane Russell died.  I loved her.  I never really think of her as a "bombshell" although that is how she made a name for herself.  I read her autobiography a decade or so ago and I fell in love with her.  She lead this amazing life, made fun of Howard Hughes, made movies with Marilyn Monroe and Robert Mitchum and generally turned away and had a family.
.
She found religion later in life.  But the good kind of religion (says me - that's who).  The type of Christian that believes in helping others, looking for the best in people and trying to grow that, the type of woman I would want as a friend, or relative.  I will miss her with a little twinge, but probably a much better legacy is that her family will miss her as a critical member of their life.  What more could you wish for from a long and happy life?