Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I like the qualifier

Now this is John Boehner, a Republican - but this is a non-partisan post. It could have just as easily been any Democrat....
.
But over at MSNBC there is a new video of the Speaker of the House saying we have to be adults in Budget discussions.
.
As if they aren't normally adults.... And a more accurate statement has never been made.
.
How adult are they being...  "I hate the deficit so much, I'm going to cut Planned Parenthood."  "Well, I hate the deficit so much I am going to freeze pay raises... for a year!"  "Well, I hate the deficit so much, I'm going to remove a mural of labor in the state house."  "Well, I hate the deficit so much I'm gong to cut taxes"   "Well we both hate the deficit so much let's start another unfunded war."  "No, we hate the deficit so much we should give Israel an extra $3 Billion dollars this year".  "No, we hate the deficit so much we are going to cut funds to NPR!"  "No, we hate the deficit so much we are going to approve pay raises for Banks we bailed out to the tune of over 2 Billion dollars."
.
PuLeaze.
.
The good news is that they can go back to being children on everything else.  (Or more accurately the butt-boys of corporations that outsource jobs, cut benefits, post results off-shore, pay no taxes but take full advantage of the infrastructure American tax-payers foot the bill for.)