Friday, August 05, 2011

Catch Me Last Night

Hate the new HIGH hair.
Last night a friend and I went to see Catch Me If You Can.  Fro me, it was again - for him it was the first time.
.
What changed?
.
First, it started at 7PM (which I didn't notice on the tickets) so I can't say what changed in the first half (Do'h!).  but we had amazing seats (4th row) and saw the last number in the first half and the entire 2nd half.  Kerry Butler is still amazing and sings her ass of in her big song.
.
Aaron is still amazing - and gives a little more emotion at the end of the show (I think "Happy Ending" is my favorite Broadway number this year).  Tom Wopat is still great.  Norman Leo Butz was out yesterday, but it waqs okay.  The understudy was great.
.
I don't like Aaron's hair.  I know, silly right.  I found it annoyingly distracting though.  Whatever.
.
After the show, Aaron Tveit stayed for a Q&A session and talked abou tthe show, Next To Normal and getting onto Broadway.  It was really fun,and I am glad my friend wanted to stay and watch.
.