Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Interesting Output of last night's Tea Party Debate

Yay!  Debate #3 and my head still hasn't exploded.  Don't get me wrong - it was touch and go.  I am amazed by the unquestioning loyalty given for any response often.  Rick Perry was asked direct questions and didn't answer them and the crowd erupted into applause.  After a while you would think they want answers.
.
And yes, Democratic Candidates completely do it - but we (or at least Ed & I) don't applaud and cheer when they evade the question and don't answer.
.
There was  fact checking (link here) - and just as an overview:
Michelle Bachman's statement that Obama Sotle $500 Million - lie.
Rick Perry's statement that "no one will stand and say that Social Security should be reformed" - lie.
Rick Perry's statement that the stimulus created Zero jobs. - lie
.
But I don't expect any Tea Party member to accept the truth as it is inconvenient.  And why don't I care... teach a pig to sing, baby.