Thursday, September 08, 2011

Montreal's Alpine Gardens

So, Montreal has an amazing Botanical Garden. Today I wanted to point out the Alpine Gardens.
.
If you've ever been with me to Gardens or the Brooklyn Swap (Jane, Lisa, and Randy respectively), you knwo I freaking love an alpine garden.  I find them fascinating in their hardiness and hidden beauty.  I have hiked alpine regions in the Sierra Nevada (Yosemite's Tolumne Meadows) and the Alps (Liechtenstein).
.
Most gardens don't even do Alpine.  Montreal does an amazing job.  Not just Alpine, but Alpine with different regions, Caucus Mts., Alps, Pyreness, Siera Nevada's Rockies - I mean it was spectacular.
.
Outside of the Sierra Nevada area.  There is a little waterfall on the left,
and the Observation Tower behind me.
more after the break





Like I said, it was amazing to see these.  I really really liked this part of the Gardens a lot.