Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Today in Reminders of Age

This is young David Flook.  I remember David when he was - well when he was Willy the Bump.
.
Why is this of note?  Well, those are Big Dog shorts.  Those are, in fact, the Big Dog shorts once given to Gareth Flook, young David's father.  Given by myself: back when Gareth and I were young, dumb and handsome rakes.
.
And they were cool then!
.
Now they are so un-cool, that they are ironically cool again.  David wears them as he goes off to Architecture Grad School.  Yes, the shorts that were too big for me once, I couldn't fit in now are being worn by the young man in Architecture School that was less than a glimmer in his father's eye as these were purchased.
.
PS - if his father was listening to tunes in those shorts he would have to be holding a big boom box to his head.  Remember the days.
.
I do have to say though - those bad boys hit my $1 per wear rule!
.