Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Futility of Fighting the March of Technology

Technology marches on.  Actually it races on, and woe to those that fight it.  To stop and say No! is both futile and frustrating.
.
I suggest a simpler plan.  Ignore what you don't like.
.
For example, I don't tweet.  I don't read Tweets, I ignore  #MostEverything.  I am truly stupefied at how quickly email has become obsolete.  People text now.  I don't particularly text.  I find myself with too many errors in things I can spell check - I cannot even imagine how stupid I would look texting.  (Actually I RM at work, so I do have an idea about how horrible I would look texting).
.
I don't NOT text, I am just not in the habit.  I have gotten better at noticing them on my phone (iPhone has that cute little icon with the red exclamation point when there is a message).  But I don't always carry my phone - particularly when I am sitting at home, so I don't always answer right away.
.
I liked Email.  I liked being able to put down a little something.  It was more like (snail) mail than the phone.  Quick, and you didn't have to talk.
.
But now, it is old fashioned and we are on to texts and tweets and soon just emoticons that will tell you everything you need.  Kind of like how the Germans just smush together words.
.

KD  6M