Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Good-bye Flamey

Flamey is sad....

Oh, the sadness inherent in this note.  Ed is leaving NBC Universal Sports and (sniff) Olympics.
.
Now this is great for my Eddie. Page turned, time to move on, new chapter, opens a window, blah blah blah..
.
But it isn't a new chapter for Scooter.  I had the best of all possible worlds...  Tickets to the Olympics, the French Open, Wimbledon, you name it.  I got to go to the fun, with none of the work.  Let me tell you, ATMs don't compare to watching Andreas Thorkildsen throw the world record javelin toss in Beijing.
.
But this isn't about me.  Okay, not fully about me.  It is about my pumpkin.  He is doing well.
.
He has gone through denial, anger, rage, and has moved on to acceptance and even anticipation.
.
I am still a little in the sadness phase myself :-).

Andreas, contemplative.
Okay, it is about me.  Boo De Hoo!!