Thursday, October 13, 2011

History Repeats; First as Tragedy, Then as Farce

So my Grandfather (who I really liked - as you may or may not remember) was Manic / Depressive.  Which was the old, much more descriptive name,  for Bi-Polar.  Bi-Polar sounds so boring.  He was NEVER boring (smiley face).
.
And he told me that in studies of the Amish, it is mildly hereditary, male through the mother's line, skipping a generation (yep - that makes it me).  Yay.
.
Well, one thing I never understood was he didn't always like to take his medicine (Librium?) because "it made him fat."  Well, he was fat, so I never understood it.
.
But time passes, and I am becoming more and more convinced that my Effexor is making me fat.  Particularly now that I am on the "generic".  I think I want to go back on Prosac, which killed my appetite.  I was always, like, stomach quesy on it, but I was thinner.