Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Have Figured Out How To Fix "How I Meet Your Mother"

You may or may not know that I once loved "How I Meet Your Mother".  Once, many moons ago.  But the poor show has jumped the shark so much, Steven Spielberg is thinking of making a mini-series about it.
.
Last week's with Robin's talk to her "kids" decided for me it was time to move on.  But how to you end a great show like that?  It came to me last night in a dream.
.
Show Opens on another Zany Christmas Episode.  Barney, Robin and Ted are trying to get a Tree at the last minute (snow storm), but can only find a Christmas Pig Pinata - so they hang decorations on this while thinking about / flash backing to the Pig -party story (which comes out of the blue and we never heard of before.
.
Meanwhile, Lilly and Marshall are braving the storm to get to the Christmas party in the city, realizing that the burbs suck at Christmas.  Hilarity ensues as the LIRR gets stuck on the tracks and they have to drudge up Broadway to Greenwich Village.
.
Christmas looks to be failure, until the gang looks out the window - and sees Lilly and Marshall outside, heading to the apartment.  They yell, and while a pregnant Lilly keeps plooding through the snow, Marshall looks up smiles and waves.  A Bus zooms by, hits him and kills him.
.
Bob Saget talks to the kids on the couch and says.  "With your Uncle Marshal dead, I married Lilly.  and that kids, is How I Meet Your Mother."
.
Scene.
.
(PS - Christmas brings out my black humor)