Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Well At Least I Now Know Where I Got My Bad Info From...

So my understanding of the time frames and players in the New Testament isn't all that great.  Some might say - lacking.
.
But now I know the source of, at least some of, my bad information.
.
The musical Jesus Christ, Superstar.  Joe and I went to see it tonight - and there is line that TOTALLY explains why I thought Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were apostles.
.
At the last supper, the apostles sing:
.
Always hoped that I'ld be an apostle.
Knew that I could make it if I tried.
Then we retired, we could write the Gospel
And they will all talk about me when I die.
.
So it is all Tim Rice's fault!  Glad we settled that.
.
About the show.  It was okay.  To be honest, Jesus and Mary's voices weren't great.  And - as  a character - Jesus doesn't have much of a story arc.  Just saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The play was meant to be told from Judas' perspective. I saw a production of this at The Village Theatre in Seattle last year and the Judas guy was much more engaging than the Jesus dude. Everybody was trying very hard to be edgy and loud. They suceeded at the loud part. svh

Anonymous said...

Well THAT is the capsal review. Loud :-)

Scooter