Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Well At Least I Now Know Where I Got My Bad Info From...

So my understanding of the time frames and players in the New Testament isn't all that great.  Some might say - lacking.
.
But now I know the source of, at least some of, my bad information.
.
The musical Jesus Christ, Superstar.  Joe and I went to see it tonight - and there is line that TOTALLY explains why I thought Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were apostles.
.
At the last supper, the apostles sing:
.
Always hoped that I'ld be an apostle.
Knew that I could make it if I tried.
Then we retired, we could write the Gospel
And they will all talk about me when I die.
.
So it is all Tim Rice's fault!  Glad we settled that.
.
About the show.  It was okay.  To be honest, Jesus and Mary's voices weren't great.  And - as  a character - Jesus doesn't have much of a story arc.  Just saying.