Friday, May 25, 2012

Interesting Take

I saw a new show (Rapture, Blister, Burn) this week.  My review will come out later, but it did bring up some very interesting points on a lot of things.  Including a "Feminist" point of view (from my generation) versus a current more liberated, but less labelled point of view from a young woman today.
.
So, I won't go into it now, but one of the funny asides was from the young woman to the older Feminist (played by Amy Brenneman from Judging Amy) was about the Soviet Union.  Virginia Kull (the younger woman) said something to the effect (I can't recall the exact words..)
.
Virginia:  Yes, I read about how in the 70's you were all afraid that Russia was going to blow us up at any minute.
.
Amy: Right.. and?
.
Virginia: Yeah... that doesn't make any sense.
.
And I kind of laughed, because when I was growing up, that was the worry.  We were all going to be blown up and die.  I did duck and cover drills in Gardena.  You know, waiting the fireball in the suburbs of LA.  It all seems unreal now.  Now we fight about stupid things.  If we fixed the stupid things, we would find more things to worry about, I guess.
.
Hi ho.