Thursday, May 17, 2012

So for some reason, today at work is wear purple day

You know how you get those "wear this color today" messages?
.
You don't?  You shouldn't, it is 2012 for goodness sake we aren't in High School.  But... my job has a wear purple day today to show support for Bi, Gay, Lesbian, Transgendered, Questioning, Confused and Supportive Youth - or some such nonsense.   All I know is that I got the evil eye (plus comments) because I didn't support this last year.
.
Since I am trying to help a friend with her contributions to Minnesotans United For All Families, I am trying to do my purple part.  But I looked in the closet today.
.
I don't own purple.  I don't like purple, I don't look good in purple and I don't have any.  I ended up with a purple madras shirt, with a purple undershirt - wearing the 2 things I own.
.
Good Grief