Wednesday, August 29, 2012

You know, when I heard this I thought the same thing....

Seriously, if my head doesn't explode by November, it is a small miracle.
.
.
I heard Paul Ryan say those words - "result of misguided policy" and I was honestly flabbergasted.  He boted for every stupid ass thing George Bush requested.  Even though the Republicans bitch now, they got a budget in SURPLUS and screwed the pooch.  (The pooch on the roof - get it..., yeah, not funny.)
.
To imply that these "misguided policies" are Obama's is to insult the intelligence.  And it will work.
.
It reminds me of the right-wing freak show decades ago about the "Black Hawk Down" incident in Somalia.  My father - a liar, but not generally a stupid man - was arguing with me about how Clinton screwed up going into Somalia.
.
I said, "George Bush put Americans in Somalia."  (I didn't specify which one because back then no one thought we would be assholes enough to elect a second).
.
He stopped and said, "I don't think so."
.
To which I replied, "Check it out and then bitch about Clinton."  He never brought it up again.  He felt stupid that he bought into propaganda without thinking.  The only difference now is that people no longer feel stupid about buying into propaganda - they just ignore facts.
.
Hat tip to Perron.