Tuesday, February 05, 2013

As I Went A-Wandering

So I was out today doing some errands and stumbled on a couple of oddities that I liked.

First, the interfaith church has very cool lights outside.  The building is bland, bland, bland - but the lights suggest that it wasn't always thus.  It's not in my big book of New York buildings, so I had to look it up.
.
Turns out this is now The Time Square Church, but was once the Mark Hellinger Theater.  It was a ligit Broadway stage for years, but actually built as a huge Warner Brothers Theater.  It was, in fact, called the Warner Brothers Hollywood Theater.

.
Anyway, it was pretty cool.
.
I stopped by Rockefeller Plaza (ti was early and not too crowded) and I was amazed to see how well Kabeltown is keeping the facades up to snuff.
.
Here are some very cool pictures from Rockefeller Plaza.
.
There is a boy and girl on either side of the skating rink entrance (the girl was blocked by other picture takers).

This is the entrance behind the rink.  I love the colors and just general deco-ness of it.

So few people you could actually see the star signs.