Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Shuddup

Our elevators have signs for upcoming events, gym notices, street closures, etc.  When there isn't anything important a very nice guy posts pictures of the city, often with pithy quotes.
.
Well, it's winter and he thinks we all need to be cheered up.  Just as an aside, You know what would cheer me up? The end of winter.
.
You know what doesn't cheer me up, fun quotes like "Anyone who says sunshine doesn't bring happiness hasn't danced in the rain.  William Shakespeare."
,
This is a) not a quote I can find by William Shakespeare.  I think Al is lying about this particular quote &...
.
And b) it is pure crapola.
.
Anyone who thinks sunshine doesn't bring happiness hasn't lived in Los Angeles.  You know what kind of rain is fun to dance in?  Backlot rain.  The kind of rain Gene Kelley danced in - and when he was done THEY TURNED IT THE HELL OFF.
"I'm Dancing & Singing in the Rain" CUT turn the damn water off.