Monday, March 18, 2013

Bikram Yoga Kicked My Ass

This is the room.  The newbies (ME) sit along the back near the toilets
because that's where cold air blows in from under the door.
So, if you don't know what Birkam Yoga is, let me fill you in.  It is a 90 minute Yoga session in a room with the temperature turned up to 95 or 100.
.
Which, having been in Palm Springs for years, I assumed I would be okay with.
.
I was not.
.
It was 100 and humid and Scooter nearly keeled over. I ended up taking a lot of breaks and almost walking out with 10 minutes left.  The instructor was very positive though and told me just to sit and stay to find out what the remainder was like.
.
My session wasn't nearly this crowded at 11:30 AM.
I almost puked.
.
And almost all the guys go shirtless, which is intimidating AND gross at the same time.