Sunday, March 17, 2013

Ron vs. Rand

I think it odd that somehow I find Ron Paul more acceptable than Rand Paul.
.
I mean, I kind of like cranky old Ron Paul.  Yes - I know he published a bunch of anti-gay stuff in the 80s and 90s, but it was the 80s and 90s.  I mean, compared to today it might as well have een 1880 and 1890.  He outsourced his newsletter and one of the few things Texans could agree on in 1980 was that gays were awful.  Fine.
.
But Ron Paul - he has convictions which he stood up for and a clear message of a Libertarian.  He gave horrible speechs and direct answers and you believed him.  And his answers didn't change over time.  He is against Middle East escapades and always has been.  He is for pot legalization on libertarian grounds, and always has been.  He is very anti-abortion and always has been.
.
I like a politician that let's everyone know where they stand.
.
But his son, Rand Paul ... Rand Paul is, well the best way to put it is that he is a politician.  He is all that goes with that.  Better presentation, better outfits, smarter answers to questions, more aware of how his mugs plays on the tube and the feeling that he doesn't really believe any of it.  Too bad.