Thursday, April 04, 2013

Farmer's Wife: Victim or Sadist?

The Killer
I was thinking about the rhyme last night:
.
Three Blind Mice, Three Blind Mice
See how they run, See how they run
They all ran after the Farmer's Wife
Who cut their tails with a Carving Knife
Have you ever seen such a sight in your life..
.
Wait, I thought.  She cut their tails with a carving knife?
.
Here we have three differently abled mice, just going around - doing their little mouse chores and some psychopathic housefrau decides to go all Quentin Tarantino on their ass?  What did they do, squeak too loudly?
.
And the rhyme isn't clear on this step to me.  Did the afore mentioned blind mice chase this maniacal mamer before or after she hacked their tails clean off?   I mean, they were blind, so I doubt they went looking for trouble from Lizzy Bordon of the Prairie.  And, if she severed their bodies then they chased here - well that seems only fair.  Blood on her hands, as it were.
.
Just sayin'