Friday, September 27, 2013

I am a little ... Judgmental

I don't know if you know, but I can be a little judgmental.
.
And, in some cases, a snob.  Not in reference to many things.  I am not a movie or theater snob (or I would have spelt it "theatre").  But with books - yeah, a little.
.
And so I have never read Dean Koontz.  Dean Koontz with the 12 million titles because he churns them out like ice cubes.  No one, I assumed, could write so much and write well.  Somehow E.F. Benson escaped this judgment, possibly because he has been dead since the 1930s and his 100+ books were written before TV.
.
And yet. I stand corrected.  He may be a horrible writer, or a hack, or whatever, but I sat in the tube a read a book left by a house guest (thank you Muffin) and I am totally digging it.  Odd Apocalypse.   I find his hyperuse of language wonderful.  His florid phrasing, his pages to describe a wave, his off kilter filter - which seems no filter at all.  I like it.
.
And so I say, whoops - my bad.