Monday, November 04, 2013

Happy Birthday Susie and Bridget

Well, it's Birthday time and I am in a nostalgic mood today.
.
  This is my in-law Susie.  Susie is married to John, Eddie's brother.  This picture was taken when we were in England for the Vikings football game last month.  I love susie, she is always in a good mood, has the patience of a saint and still manages to be fun, funny and a little snarky when appropriate.
.
We missed her surprise birthday party this year, but we are definitely going to be celebrating with them at some point.
.
And this is Bridget.  I snagged this picture off Facebook, because I don't have a good picture of Bridget and me anywhere easily accessible.  Bridget has been a good friend, but even a better work mentor.  She has taught me tons about work life balance.  She helped me move to a great job in a great industry and took a step I couldn't have by myself.  FYI - she also reduce my commute by 3 hours a day, which is about a week and half of work every month!
.
She and I haven't seem that much of each other since living, you know, a continent away from each other.  She has a daughter now (who is about twice as big as she is in this picture!).  I love her and am so glad she is happy.  happy Birthday gorgeous.