Sunday, December 08, 2013

Kravica Waterfalls

Okay, this should have been the last picture (it is really hard to do this right from Bosnia).  But this is 1/2 of a massive massive bridge over the valley.  It will connect the Miracle Town to Spilt (Croatia) via freeway.

I get it, but then I don't.  It crosses about 2 kilometers from the waterfalls below.  And it is way way up. You won't be able to see anything.  It's odd to travel to see a miracle, but I think - if you are religious, then the beauty of nature show's god's fingerprints just as well as six teenagers that may or may not have been drinking.  But i digress

These are Kravica Waterfalls.  Again, the land around is very arid, but I think the limestone ends and pushes the water up (my guess is that it is across a fault, like the ones in the Mojave Desert - only a lot more water).  These falls about about 25M tall (75 feet) - although it is hard to get scale.  Apparently people are in them in the summer, but it is in the 40s today and they are all bundled up.  My car was alone in the parking lot.

This is at the edge of the falls on the right of the picture above.  I love counties that don't have too many lawyers yet, they let you  be as dumb as you want.  The only person I meet here was a shepard, about 3 dozen of his sheep and a part terrier little sheepdog - that I wanted to hug it out with.