Wednesday, December 04, 2013

So I should be in Sarajevo Today

So I spend tonight and tomorrow night in Sarajevo.  It is the Capital and the largest city in Bosnia.  It suffered a 3 year siege, but is suppose to be almost fully rebuilt.  I am staying just outside of old town.

From what I think, I should be just over this hill in the foreground.  You can see the towers in the upper mid-left.  They were bombed and burnt during the war.  The Assembly for the country is there.  The dividing line slices around the city, parts of the suburbs being in the Croat / Bosnian Federation, parts in the Sprska Republic (the Serbian section).
.
There are a number of churches, mosques and museums I plan to visit.
.
Usually I like to visit the old Olympic sites with Ed, but in srajevo they were almost all destroyed in the war.  It will be surreal.