Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Progressive" Lens

"Progressive" Lens.  There is nothing "progressive" about them except an acknowledgement of your progression into painful old age.  For those of you unfamiliar with the term, it describes glasses that have different zones for your sad, pathetic eyes which are trying desperately to give up the ghost.
.
The top area is for distance, the middle area for computers and the bottom for reading.  I did not need the middle and bottom in my last decade of glasses.  My distance was going, but my reading areas were still 20/20.  Were.
.
Now I have progressives which basically can be described as "always blurry somewhere".
.
I suppose I could move to bi or tri focals, but it's all relative.  My life is now doomed to various levels of blurriness.
.
But perhaps not forever.  After all, I learned yesterday that I am beginning to form cateracts.  Which, my charming eye-doctor said, was "going to happen to everyone if they live long enough.
.
So it's official; I have lived long enough.