Thursday, January 30, 2014

We all know I would LOVE to make fun of Atlanta

We all know I would love to make fun of Atlanta. One or Two inches of snow, and the traffic commutes can be measured in days not hours (honestly - it took 15 - 26 hours for people to get home).
.
Now that wouldn't happen in LA.
.
Why?
.
Because the minute they mentioned there might be snow - we wouldn't leave our houses.  Los Angeles is the only city where you can show up 3 hours late to a meeting and say "rain on the 405" and people commiserate.  We had car-mageddon for goodness sake!
.
I was in England once and a Hurricane was forecast as possible 3 days out, and people were already staying home (I found out from a Xerox Wide email blast to stay off the roads in case of rain).  (An aside, the hurricane missed us.)
.
So yes, I would like to make fun. But an ice storm in Los Angeles would cause the sale of Xanex to go through the roof.