Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fine to Spy on Americans - Wait, You Spied on Me!?!?

Hell hath no fury like a Senator that thought she was above the rules.
.
Dianne Feinstein, who I have voted for a lot when I was a Californian (including her unsuccessful bid to be Governor) was all, "Fine, spy on Americans.  Who cares about their rights?"  I paraphrase, but you get it.
.
From the LA Times last month (LINK)
.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) offered a full-throated defense of the government's collection of data on billions of American phone calls, saying Wednesday that the National Security Agency’s practices have safeguarded the nation without trampling on civil liberties.


“What keeps me up at night, candidly, is another attack against the United States. And I see enough of the threat stream to know that is possible,” Feinstein said at a Pacific Council on International Policy dinner in Century City.
.
Ah yes... the old keeps us safe from attack line.  I know it well.
.
But she just found out that NSA was snooping on HER.  And she is pissed off. (LINK form Washington Post).  Whats good for the gander is good for the goose.
.
Well, what keeps me up at night, candidly, is the Senate planning to take away more of our rights.  And I see enough of the threat stream (CSPAN) to know that it is possible.  So I am okay with this.  After all, James Clapper wouldn't ever do anything to harm us.