Monday, March 10, 2014

Riddle Me This...

We have a National Security Administration (NSA) that collects metadata on every phone call in the USA and many other nations, depending on their degree of importance (or whim – who the hell knows).  We have been told that it is for National Security.  You know, once they stopped lying that they didn’t collect this at all.  They review search records, internet connections.  Pretty much everything to control us keep us safe.
.
And yet when Russia moves tens of thousands of men into a country to which both we and Russia have pledged to respect the borders of – our security establishment is surprised.  Ahh… what?
.
What kind of NSA knows that I called Domino’s Pizza last March, but misses 20 thousand Russian Soldiers taking off their insignia and hightailing it into a 3rd country?  I don’t particularly blame Obama – this same thing happened under Bush the Younger in 2008 (that time it was Georgia – and Russia still controls that part of Georgia).  But you would think the National Security Administration would be on top of this now.  You know, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, I must be James Clapper..
.
At the very least, isn’t this the sort of thing that should get an NSA Chief fired? 
.

If I was Latvia or Poland I would be verwy verwy nervous.