Thursday, May 22, 2014

Well, I don't want to put chemicals in my body, but....

As I get old, I enjoy eating less and less.  I mean, it is a chore to make food.  And since there are only two of us, I always make too much – unless I make the right sized portions and then there is too little.
.
And I am never hungry, until we get food.  Then I tear through it like a Bear.
.
Enter Soylent.
.

Named, rather whimsically, after the “recycled” human food in Soylent Green, Soylent was created by a few tech nerds that essentially hacked food information (in that they decoded what the body needed and created a modified food source) to drive a fully rounded diet.  I first found out about them around a year ago.
.
At that time, the brains down at Soylent had to do work on their own selves to create it, AND it was based on their body type.  You could, for a few thousand, give them all kinds of details and samples and they would create a lab mix for you. Turns out, a bunch of $1,000 investments down the road, that everyone needs pretty much the same nutrients.  You might need fewer – but it would be uniformly fewer – except in truly bizarre cases.
.
And so, they now sell Soylent.
.
.
In a late night wheat induced cramp-fest in London, I purchased my first supply.  It takes 8 – 10 weeks for the first set, but then you can get them in a week if you are a member.  So we will see what happens.

.
I just got tired of headlines like these.
.