Wednesday, December 17, 2014

If We Stop Being Stupid for 2 Seconds, We Can Fix This Thing!!!

Let us assume for a moment that humans are really really smart.  And, compared to most creatures on earth, we are.  And we need to treat the Earth as a “you break it, you buy it” model.
.
I push for acknowledgment of climate change not to be a scold, but to realize we have to do something.  Now look at this article from The Economist.
.
.
See we now have scientist trying to fix global warming scientifically.  That is, without greatly changing our fossil fuel use, but by trying to balance this out with preventative work.  This, ladies and germs, THIS IS WHAT we must do to leave a reasonable planet to the next generation.
.
Think of climate change (for a moment) like a chronic high blood pressure issue.  For me, my blood pressure runs super high due to hereditary problems.  I can eat right, exercise all I want, but my blood pressure is still deadly high.  Now, one way to deal with this would be to say “I’m not a doctor, so I can’t do anything.”  And die.
.
The other way is to listen to my doctor, do the basics to lower it AND take preventive medicine to resolve the issue.  So I can live a healthy longer life.
.
Think of climate the same way.  Sure… we should reduce our fossil fuel use, we should clean up our energy production facilities, but we also need some medicine to get us over the hump.  That is what scientist are doing now.  Seeing how to combat climate change with the tools at our disposal and our big human brains.
.
But you know what factors act against this preventive, important work?  Our dumb-as-dog-poop leaders that say asinine things like “I’m not a scientist, so I can’t think about climate change.”  Well you’re not a doctor, but you take medicine.  You’re not an economist, but you take tons of bribes from Wall Street.  Shut up about what you aren’t and lead.  You see that is what you ARE.  You are a representative of the Americans and paid to figure things out. 
.
How stupid are we humans if we don’t use our big brains to try to figure this out.  If we just put our fingers in our ear and sing la-la-la….