Friday, February 06, 2015

It is supposed to be a mess and I CANNOT wait to see it!

Of course it will be a mess.  It is the Wachoskwi Siblings!  Mess is their middle name.  But what a beautiful mess it will be.  I have to admit their movies have gone off the rails often.  Bound was a masterpiece.  Granted, I watched with a theater of lesbians and that might have tainted my opinion, but it was pretty darn good!
.
The Matrix was amazing, only to be followed up by dull sequels.  I loved the Cloud Atlas.  All the parts with everyone by Tom Hanks.  Directing actors isn't their strong suit.  They were lucky they wrote "Neo" as a blank character and then hired Keanu for the part.  Perfect casting!
.
And the more I read about Jupiter Ascending, the better / worse it sounds.  I mean the visuals are stunning.  Just look.
.
Gorgeous - Although doesn't it remind you of Dinotopia?
And I had to search for a picture of Douglas Booth when I read this in Salon. "The plot of “Jupiter Ascending” consists almost entirely of Jupiter getting enticed or coerced into really bad decisions – like an Alexander McQueen-style wedding with another godlike entity named Titus (Douglas Booth), a fellow so vain and pretty and metrosexual he makes David Beckham circa 2002 look like a fishing buddy of Hemingway – and then getting rescued by intergalactic pointy-eared bad boy Tatum and his atomic boots."
Mila (with bride of Frankenstein hair?) and Douglas Booth (too pretty by far).
But wait, there's more.  For your $19.95 we will double your bad movie offer and give you this... "Maybe there’s an online guide somewhere that explains what the hell is going on in “Jupiter Ascending” – or maybe there would be if anyone cared, which honestly makes me sad. At any rate, Jupiter gets dragged into some kind of cosmic royal-family turf war and/or hambone acting competition between Eddie Redmayne and Tuppence Middleton, playing a pair of decadent, semi-immortal beings whose attitude toward you and me is not benevolent. "
Academy Award Nominee (not for this) Eddie Redmayne, Douglas Booth and Tuppence Middleton in round one of the "Hambone Acting Competition"
I am aquiver with anticipation.  And I love the name Tuppence. I think of Julie Andrews!
.
But it does look pretty....

.
Postscript:
Explanation of Reference to Tuppence - if you don't understand.  When I was little, this part of the movie just bored the hell out of me.