Wednesday, March 04, 2015

So What Did My Senators Learn? - UPDATED

You would think that for all the hullabaloo about Prime Minister Netanyahu's speech, we would hear about it.  I mean My Senator Schumer and Senator Gillibrand did decide to go and give a standing ovation to this man who wants American to go to war.
.
I checked their Facebook posts.  Nothing.  Updated with new crap, but nothing about the speech they attended and refuse to discuss with their voters. I did find out that Kristin Gillibrand loves Amy Poehler. I checked their official websites.  Again, nothing.  Updated with brand new "accomplishments", including an update yesterday about how Charles Schumer doesn't like Canadian Custom Duty regulations, but nothing about Prime Minister's Netanyahu's speech.
.
What a surprise.
.
I wrote Senator Gillibrand (like I said, Senator Schumer doesn't even pretend to represent New Yorkers - he is Israel 's Senator).

.
Honorable Senator Kristen Gillibrand
478 Russell
Washington DC 20510

Honorable Senator Gillibrand

I want to start by saying I am a life-long Democrat and supporter of Israel.

I am writing to ask what you learned from attending Benjamin Netanyahu’s speech?  Since you gave a standing ovation to a man who has spit on our President, decided to caucus with the Republicans and declared our foreign policy should be subservient to his will, what did you learn?

I have read your Facebook posts, where there is nothing about the speech.  I went to your website where there is nothing about Prime Minister Netanyahu’s speech.  I wrote you both electronically and physically to express my opinion and received nothing.  I did, however, learn much in the absence of communication.

I would like to share what I have learned from this.  I have learned that supporting and talking you up to other voters means zero.  Voting for you means zero.  Donating to your campaigns twice, means zero. I have learned that supporting the Democratic Party means zero.  Zero is exactly the amount of feedback that I have received in trying to talk to you or Charles Schumer.  All I wanted to do was understand.

And now I do.  Your constituents mean nothing unless we command vast amounts of money.  And this is painful because I truly had believed you were a different type of politician.  Beholden to special interests, of course, I get how much money it takes to run for office today; but different in that at least you would try to understand how this affects your voters.


Respectfully,

UPDATE: Just to answer a question that someone asked...  No, I did NOT ask Senator Gillibrand to skip the speech.  I respectfully asked her if there was any way a supporter of hers could make their displeasure known.  I realize that she had to attend the speech.  But, I wanted to know if there was anyway to register my displeasure with this since I had supported her by vote and donation  both times she ran for Senator.  I received no answer to that question, submitted by phone, electronically and hardcopy (snail mail).