Friday, March 27, 2015

Tyne Daily and Harriet Harris - Perfection

I went and saw "It Shoulda Been You" last night.
.
And I will say, it looked like it could have been cute or a stinker.  It was so much better than "cute".  It is a musical comedy on Broadway with no intermission and a shed-load of laughs.
.
I was surprised.  And loved it.  I will do a full review when it is legal, but in general, I think I will like it.
Tyne Daily, Sierra Boggess, David Burtka (spouse of Neil Patrick Harris) and Harriet Harrison

.
It started Tyne Daily and Harriet Harris.  They are perfection live.  I never saw an episode of "Cagney and Lacey" so I did not have any preconceptions before seeing her on Broadway.  I have seen her now in Comedies, Musicals, Dramas, as a Jewish Mother, as an uptight WASP.  And I have never seen her perform poorly.
.
Harriet Harris is famous (to me) as Frazier Crane's agent.  That voice she has is all her own.  I have seen her in a couple of other things too.  She was the best thing in "Cry Baby", except for the Dance Captain - he was the mascot of the month once.  Scute.
.
Anywho, if you are heading to New York and want some great old fashioned Broadway fun this is one of those shows.
During the bow.  That is Montego Glover (tony winner) on far right!