Wednesday, June 03, 2015

I Probably Wasn't a Picture Perfect Child

I was getting my hair cut the other day and for some reason I completely flashed back to when I was a child.
.
Not me, but appropriate
I used to hate getting my hair cut.  I would cry during it.
.
Truth be told, that isn't exactly right, it was more like scream.  I would sit perfectly still and scream until they were done.  I sure it was pleasurable for everyone in the room.
.
One day my kindly grandfather took me because his barber wouldn't make me cry.  It did not work.  I sat in the stool and cried my lungs out.  But afterward he said not to tell anyone I cried.  It would be our secret.  And everyone was so proud of me, the next time we went I didn't scream.  Oh sure, a few tears were shed, but no screaming.
.
I have a feeling that, in retrospect, I might not have been the little angel I like to picture myself as.