Thursday, June 04, 2015

Who Signs this Crap?

This I don't get.
.
.
Who the hell decides to start a petition to make Caitlyn (né Bruce) Jenner give back her gold medal.  If you read the shit, it pretends to nice congratulating Caitlyn on her courage.  Then makes a asinine comment that if she has always felt she was a woman, then she shouldn't have competed against men.
.
Look, I get that it is weird.  I am old and of an older generation.  I get that transgender people are out of my comfort zone.  And I get that many people don't want to deal with it.  But 12,000 people signing a petition just to be assholes is way beyond what I would do.
.
As Bruce Jenner, Caitlyn brought great commitment to the Olympics and upheld the ideal of the Olympic spirit.  And, it was done back when people really did have to be amateurs.  They didn't get to cash in.  They didn't get to make subway sandwich ads, take money for attending a race and still claim they were amateurs.
.
So she has finally, after a lot of years, taken the step that was probably intolerably difficult.  I mean Bruce was a straight man, with multiple children form multiple marriages.  Caitlyn is still a freakin' Republican! Why the hate on her now?
.
And why be so absolutely asshole-ish as to start or support a petition like that.  It just says your a dick.