Saturday, July 11, 2015

Interesting "Straight Pride" flags

Russia just reveled its new "Straight Pride" flag, which is kind of their way of saying screw Gay People.  It is also kind of their way of totally stealing France's "Straight Pride" flag.
.
I am not going to get weird on this, because I am fine with straight pride.  I am fine with people being proud of themselves and their families.  I would prefer they don't show that pride by beating up gay people, but otherwise - go safely.
.
But I am going to say, odd changes to the French flag.
.
The obvious is the addition of a third child.  Much has been made of this in discussions that a Russian family cannot even suggest equality between the sexes.  I am not sure that is the case, or if they just wanted 3 kids and picked a boy.
.
But why is their only change to French flag's people to make the mother fatter?  Is it a positive body image message?  Was the French mom too sexy, too ohlala for the Russians?