Friday, July 24, 2015

My desire to garden and my desire to avoid bugs conflict

I am in a conundrum.  You see, the Hudson Valley / lower Connecticut area is between and I would love to have a land with space where I could garden.
.
Seriously, you could do beautiful things out here.  I enjoyed it in California, but it was very hot and very dry and not easy to make beautiful gardens.
.
Unfortunately, many of those same positives that make the New York area so great for gardening cause other problems.
.
It is wetter and more temperate in the summer here.  Which leads to beautiful gardens.  And bugs.
.
I loath bugs.
.
And I don't mean just LA bugs, like flies and gnats and the random cockroach.  I mean mean bugs that eat you; mosquitoes, ticks and bitting flies.
.
And I freak out with ticks and mosquitoes.  I mean freak the hell out!  I don't like bugs that try to get in me and suck out the blood.
.
It gives me the hibbie jeebies.  And so I think my desire for a bucolic country life will be forever a dream, until we move to England or something.  Because bugs are gross!