Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Questioning One's Values

So, ultimately I am going to vote for Hillary in the general election.  I know that.
.
I find no one else who is even close to acceptable on the right, except perhaps Jeb Bush and I can't vote for another Bush.  I can't.
.
But my heart belongs to Bernie.  I think free public colleges are the right think to do for our country.  I think our country needs someone to stand up for the basic working man.  I agree with his stand on guns (he is very pro-2nd amendment, albeit with background checks) although I don't get there the same way he does.  I like that he acknowledges climate change.
.
However I question myself a little.  I think Donald Trump is an idiot.  A blowhard joke whom I cannot believe people support.  It is the consensus opinion in the bubble I travel in / listen to / read.
.
I assume there are people that like Donald Trump and think Bernie Sanders is an idiot.  I like to think they are tearing Bernie down because they are afraid of him.  Do the Donald supporters think I do the same think, tear down the Donald because I am afraid of him.
.
hummm....