Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Forgive Me While I Nerd Out

Waddesdon in England is one very cool place.  The Manor house of one of the Rothschilds, it is beautiful and stuffed with Art.
.
Oddly enough, the Barron seemed to share my fascinating with clocks.  He had all kinds.  I am including some below, because I think they are wicked neat!
.
A mantel clock of gold leaf with crossing carriages

A small mantel clock foreshadowing Art Deco

Look at the man in the lower right for scale.  This was just outside the Conservatory.

So this hung from the ceiling and you looked up to read it.  Above the mechanism is a birdcage with a fake bird to sing the hours.

Just kind of cool

Okay - my favorite.  It is black lacker desktop with 2 clocks.  The lower for when writing at the desk and the upper for other people in the roof to see.  The detail up top is amazing.