Monday, November 09, 2015

Unbreakable? See, I would like a TINY bit of realism here...

LINK to article
I get it, Hillary is running for President.  But I don't really like giving the carte blanche to Israel in general (and Bebe Netanyahu in particular).  I think there ARE things that would break the bonds - and if we can't think of any case where that would happen, then we are choosing to be stupid.
.
Bebe's rejection of a 2 state system, ever.  Might be one reason.  He did that during the last election.
.
Bebe's endorsement of a specific Candidate in our National Elections, that might be one.
.
The wholesale repudiation of the Peace Process I think should at least OFFER THE OPPORTUNITY for the United States to PRETEND to raise some questions.  The fact that NOTHING will make her question our relationship augers poorly for the country, since the other candidates are even more knee-jerk supportive of every Israeli action.
.
I don't understand why, after the last 4 years, we are now raising the military support from $3 Billion to between $4 - $5 Billion.  There is no sense in that.  They have a massive nuclear arsenal, the best weapons in the region, and are killing scores of Palestinians for each Israeli attacked.  That is totally their right, but it is also my right to object to it.
.
It appears that we can make "our relationship" right by: a) giving Bebe a public blow job, b) letting them slaughter whoever they want as long as they are Palestinians (or think they are - link) or c) giving the $50 Billion over a decade.  I know we are doing b & c.  My guess is that Bebe will bitch unless a happens as well.
.
There are no options to say, "maybe it's time to rethink this relationships" except crazy anti-Jewish zealots that I reject out of hand.