Saturday, August 26, 2017

US Open Fan Week

As we all know, Eddie works for the US Tennis Association. Two of the key things they do are to build the game of tennis (particularly among youth) and open the game up to the public.


Most of you have seen pictures of Kids Day at the Open (FB is having problems I will add pics of my niece at AAKD as soon as possible).

But you might not know about "Fan Week". This is the week of the qualifying tournament before the US Open.

The US Open holds 32 "open" spots for qualifiers, 16 men and 16 women. The week long competition to see who advances is open to the public and free. And some great players are there, including Denis Shapovalov who just beat Rafael Nadal in Montreal (great match).

Well, in case you expected a blah turn out, look at the lines and stands for yesterday. A free day for fans.


I gotta say, I am proud of my honey who is extremely dedicated towards these two aspects of the USTA.