Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Solo: A Training Story

Alden Ehrenreich is Han Solo in the new movie Solo: A Star Wars Story

Now the poop on the stoop is that Alden was so bad, they brought Ron Howard in to direct and had to give Alden acting lessons.

Since Alden is a fairly accomplished actor, I found this hard to believe. He has been in many things and great in them.

Then I watched the trailer for Solo: A Star Wars Story. Not quite so hard to believe now. I mean Alden is a great actor, truly, but maybe cast badly here as a lovable, rogue action hero.

And I could not help to flash back to this scene in Hail Ceaser, where the same Alden Ehrenriech plays Hobie, a cowboy actor forced to become a drawing room leading man (ala Cary Grant). 

This is how I imagine Alden's rehersal's with Ron Howard went...