Tuesday, August 21, 2018

End of an Era

No mass Citibank accounts for Scooter...

After years and years (since 2009) I have had a Citibank account (checking, savings, credit, and extended savings) and liked them. Combined, I usually keep between $3,000 and $6,000 dollars in them. It is free, not for my balance, but because I was an employee and they never took my funds away.

Well, that is no mas. Citi finally wrote me a few weeks ago and said that my free days of banking are over.

I have a business account I still keep there (free after $5,000). I could keep my personal account free if I left more than $20,000 combined in my accounts. I believe the offer came with a free supply of lube, but I am not sure. There were definitely directions to bend over and smile.

Today I went down and closed my accounts. It's too bad, Citi has been a good company for me in many ways. I have a new bank - of course. The good news is now I can use Citi as an example of business practices in my training role in more frequently.

Maybe I'll even spill some funny stories.