Wednesday, August 01, 2018

My Body is Traitorous

I hurt my foot a while back (I don't know when, but it hurt in Scotland in May). It still hurts, but it is getting better.

Today I looked at it as I walked to avoid the pain and I realized my body is a traitor. 

You see I was once a bit pigeon-toed / leaned way over on my instep. My mom worked at a facility and when I was quite young, I wore orthopedics that corrected this. And I have always been very aware of how I walk.

Well today I realized that my foot hurts less when I walk a bit pigeon-toed. What The F*ck? Listen you, I did not wear those damn things to walk wrong at 59. My mother didn't work with a doctor to have me hooked up only to have me fall back now.

I have been working all day to be sure that, even if it hurts, I walk the way I want to. It isn't just optics, when I walk incorrectly, my knee hurts more. When did I become the enemy?