Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Channeling Lauren Pfau

I don't really watch beauty pageants anymore. I used to enjoy them, but the fun was just sapped out over the last 10 years. It was fun with Ed and Lynn and others hooting at the TV, but as we understand the. creepiness behind them, it is tough to watch.

However Ed and I were channel surfing and did catch Miss Universe 2018, and I HAD to watch. I tell you why. Miss Vietnam! I channeled my dear and departed friend Lauren Pfau, who had a type. And while Miss Vietnam woudn't fit the typical Lauren type, she would have hit all Lauren's buttons. In particular because she was very strong, confident and kind of butch - in a beautiful way.

This is how Vietnam tried to present her in the bios.

But her best look was below. She is the one rocking pants AT THE MISS UNIVERSE pageant. You don't see that often. I know she was told what to wear, but no one pulled off those pants like her.

So here's to you Lauren. I'm still your wing man.

She even pulls off this asinine costume!